Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2

May 2, 1981
We moved into our new home. Why May 2 and not May 1? Because my husband was on a business trip and I wanted us all to move in together: my older son and I spent May 1 sleeping in our office. For 32 years it has been a home, one filled with love, laughter, sorrow, many ups and just as many downs. Life has happened: we have added friends, sons have left and returned and left again. Many visitors have been welcomed - all of whom became friends. I will continue to live in this place I call home and where my roots are every bit as deep as the oak trees by its side.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere. And as I sit in the home you describe I can feel all the life that has
    been lived from the boys' art work on top of my bookcase to the oak outside which right now is bending in the wind.

    ReplyDelete