Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sytlish Saturday


Saturday in the City
A slower start than the past weeks; a leisurely drive up to San Francisco (many people call their closest big town “the city”, but for me that term always means San Francisco); blue skies, sunshine with a whip-cream slathering of clouds along the mountains on the ocean side; a great way to begin the day.

One goal: San Francisco’s 36th Decorator Showcase 2013 http://www.decoratorshowcase.org which was held in the Herbst Manor at 2800 Pacific Ave. Built in 1899 by Ernest Coxhead, for Sarah Mathilde Spooner, it is built in the Georgian-style with sweeping views of the city and has been transformed by 27 talented and creative designers: one of whom actually attended the Hotel School in Glion, worked in the industry for 13 years then concentrated on decorating. Antonio Martins: http://www.antoniomartins.com

Lunch outdoors at the Ferry Building, a drive along the other piers, out to Crissy Park and on to the second goal: seeing the venue where my nephew will be married this fall. Wandering through the Presidio reminded me of the Sierra Nevada; seeing the bay in a pull out, of my time spent overlooking the Puget Sound; the drive back to my sister’s, of the fact that tomorrow I return home.

A great ending to a wonderful trip – I am incommunicado till sometime next week when I return to writing my Blurred lines of Garble, ie BLOG.

San Fransisco

No comments:

Post a Comment