Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mythic, gorgeous, unusual or...

Gifts that are precious

If I had to choose one word to describe my belongings, my life or gifts that I receive, it would be "eclectic”.

Of course being me, I had to consult the online dictionary: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eclectic  Love some of the definitions and synonyms of the word itself, which all also fit my life: assorted, miscellaneous, heterogeneous, indiscriminate, kitchen-sink, magpie, mixed, motley, patchwork, piebald, promiscuous, raggle-taggle, ragtag, varied

I received over the past month, in addition to Christmas gifts, a tea towel from a former neighbor in the USA – bought during her trip to England after having visited me this summer; 


from one of my best friends a lovely hand-painted ceramic espresso cup with saucer for my afternoon coffee (bought on a Christmas market “just because it was beautiful”; 

Note the mice on both the cup and the saucer.
















and just yesterday have finally, for the first time in my life, received a mythic perfume in thanks from one of the sons of a friend with whom we have exchanged gifts since the boys (on both sides) were born.



Totally in opposition to “normal” or “same ‘ol, same ‘ol” of yesterday: it’s all welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment