Friday, January 10, 2014

Same ‘ol, same ‘ol or


Boring old “normal”

OK, so the “devil made me do it”. I read a posting on Facebook from someone who wrote that they didn’t really go for the “normal” and how boring “same ‘ol, same ‘ol” was – which of course made me decide to figure out how many things are wonderful as “normal” or “same ‘ol, same ‘ol”.

  • The sun coming up in the morning (I for one would not do well in a land where half the winter is only dark and half the summer only light. I like a mix
  • The seasons: same reasoning, I love having 4 of them even if they do sometimes seem to get turned around (i.e. we are having spring in winter right now where I live)
  • Getting to eat every day – sometimes even three times: nothing boring about getting enough (o.k. mostly too much) in both quality and quantity
  • Having a roof over my head: love the sheer boredom of spending several nights in a row in my own bed
  • Travels: to family and friends – or even the “adventures” with my housemate: that’s my “normal” and boring it ain’t!
  • Same ‘ol family: love them all – love getting to know distant cousins better, love every time I get to see my kids, or sister or brother or nephews, or…. You get the idea?
  • Same ‘ol friends: ah the comfort of knowing someone well enough to be able to talk even without complete sentences; to know someone well enough to be quiet with them, or call on them if you have need.
  • Same ‘ol car: o.k. so the current one is not very old, but my past three were good for 12 years, 14 years, 23 years and 14 years: love knowing how to drive something “same ‘ol, same ‘ol”, knowing the quirks, knowing what might be wrong if there is a problem
  • Same ‘ol “normal” health – have had enough health crises so love the boredom of no crises
 
Same ‘ol life: I’ll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment