Friday, January 9, 2015

Sometimes one just has to bite the bullet…


Buckle down, get going, concentrate and accomplish something!

My daily life leaves place for private e-mails, telephone calls, coffees, lunches, dinners and lots of other pleasures, not the least of which are computer games and checking Facebook.

However, every once in awhile I have to forbid myself from all of these and actually get some of the filing, bookkeeping, bill paying and the lot done.  On those rare days I can only accomplish this by upon opening my computer, not booting up Internet, not checking the telephone’s blinking light, not looking at my cell phone and definitely not opening up the e-mail account either until I have at least done some of my self-assigned tasks.

Today is such a day, but I did allow myself the blog as it figures on my current “to do every day” list and I have already skipped a day.

The rewards however are great: if I accomplish enough this morning I may be able to lunch out and if I get enough done this afternoon I have the reward of one of my concerts tonight.

On with the work, the faster the better as that brings the pleasures closer. It is also well worth the feeling of accomplishment upon having done several tasks. Note, I won’t be able to post this until I have actually done some of the tasks or I might get distracted by other open tabs… discipline is the name of the game.

And I stuck to it: we are now 4 hours later and I have reconciled all of my 2014 bank accounts and started prep for tax reports! Now I deserve lunch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment