Sunday, February 1, 2015

It’s the first day of something…


Or, when one doesn’t feel like blogging.

Here we are at the beginning of a new month: January having disappeared before I even got around to writing (read finishing actually as I did make a start) the Christmas letter – it’s going to be one of those “Christmas Letter for Easter” years, I just know.

One feels that something should be accomplished, however due to the fact that
  • It was Sunday
  • It was trying to snow (had it been trying to be sunny, I might have felt differently?)
  • Tomorrow is Monday
  • This coming week has many bits and pieces, some fun, some not so
  • I should have called/written or otherwise contacted too many people that it was un-motivating

I decided to practice the following

“A THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. -Joseph Addison, writer (1672-1719)”

In my own way:

Something to do – cleaned the tops of the kitchen cupboards then wiped down all the kitchen cupboard faces as well (from the bath renovations the dust has filtered throughout the house and now that there is no more drilling, etc. figured that it was time to start and remove the first layers!)

Something to love – the cats: hey it didn’t say someone to love and although cats are actually living beings, I reckoned that “books” or “reading” probably wasn’t exactly what Mr. Addison meant.

Something to hope for – a new day, more tomorrows, more energy, more, simply more!

Meanwhile I did add happiness to this particular day with my flowers, showering in my new bath and lunch with my younger son.


No comments:

Post a Comment