Thursday, March 5, 2015

The four F’s or…


Fine food and female friends.
 
I am an Epicurean not only in fine foods but also in friends.

Yesterday I got together for lunch with three of those that I have not only known longest but with whom I share so much – a love of life, fine foods, good conversation and a history of knowing and appreciating each other.

With the passage of the years we also have determined that lunch in good surroundings with attentive service is worth the extra price: we can hear each other across the table even if some of us (o.k. me at least) have diminishing hearing. We can converse on any and everything including the “forbidden” subjects of politics and religion. Interestingly enough two have their birthdays only days apart and the other two of us actually share the same day.

Not to give away my favorite addresses: The Côté Square restaurant in the Hotel Bristol - http://www.bristol.ch/fr/restaurant-gastronomique-geneve.php in downtown Geneva has become “our place”.  One is welcomed, treated with attentive service and advice (should one need a food/wine pairing) and never allowed to feel rushed or otherwise stressed. We spent three very pleasant hours enjoying our starters, main and for two of us a gourmet coffee.

"Mise en bouche"

2nd "Mise en bouche"

Cannelloni

Flounder Fillet

Vitello Tonnato

Octopus salad

one of the mini desserts on the "gourmet" coffee


Today, I met another female friend and although we changed venues, the conversation, food and welcome measured up just as well.  In this particular restaurant the owners greets me with the European kisses, the chef produces some pretty amazing daily menus and the conversation with the friend ranges again from nothing to everything.

Seafood salad

Cheesecake

I am blessed in both my friends and my food!

No comments:

Post a Comment