Thursday, July 2, 2015

I couldn’t resist…


My sister posted to Facebook an article about the 15 words to eliminate from your vocabulary to sound smarter (Jennie Haskamp, The Daily Muse May 4, 2015, 5:30 PM).
 
Now that was a challenge I didn’t even try and resist:

I really honestly think that maybe one should never literally nor absolutely just say amazing stuff irregardless how things went. It will always be very dumb.

Using these bold and italicized words means that this blog is definitely not eligible for the annals of “smart” and thus I shall try to eliminate them from my sentences forever (if I slip, forgive me, sometimes one needn’t always sound smart).

This in turn reminds me of another sentence:
« So difficult it is to show the various meanings and imperfections of words when we have nothing else but words to do it with ». -John Locke, philosopher (1632-1704)



No comments:

Post a Comment