Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year’s Resolutions


Basically I refuse to make any New Year’s Resolutions, as when I did so in my childhood, I was incapable of sticking to them for more than a week. Even if, as a teenager, I did marginally better, I have long since learned that they are rather pointless especially as in the euphoria of the moment one tends to make rather unrealistic ones.

However, one of my close friends did come up with one with which I will have to heartily concur: A moratorium on death! http://theexpatwriter.blogspot.ch/2015/12/moratorium-on-death.html

However, following a very pleasant gathering at my home of friends on New Year’s Eve and a January 1st continuing along the same lines, I have decided that a good one for 2016 might be: continue the year as I ended it – with friends! I will thus strive in 2016 to catch up with my friends, see those who live near more often, keep in better touch with those who live far away and in general try and be a better friend myself.

I could do worse.

Friends for over 60 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment