Thursday, December 8, 2016

A blast from the past or


Baby shoes

On a recent “adventure” my former housemate and I came back via Bern specifically to see the fall Flea Market, which had been set up in the Paul Klee Museum. We arrived there to absolutely beautiful views of the Alps through the fall haze so first took a walk around the parameter of the grounds and enjoyed the first rays of sun that we had seen in a week.

When we did finally enter to a fairly high-class flea and antique market (some parts were even paying – those we did not enter) it was to discover on the table of one of the very first stands one bronzed baby shoe!

Ah the memories. The stand owner had no clue as to where it had come from so for once in my life I was actually able to give information instead of receiving it. Would surely like to know how come he came to own that one lone shoe!


I have mine (and as the first child they were turned into bronze) as well as my little sister’s (white leather, but then she was the third child) on the bookshelf in my bedroom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment