Saturday, March 4, 2017

Virtual purchases or….


Some of my favorite things.

My generation of course remembers very well the song in Sound of Music where Julie Andrews sings “My Favorite Things” – one of my favorite paragraphs in that is
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings,
these are a few of my favorite things.”
Maybe that is partially responsible for my wrapping presents in brown paper!

In any case we all have “things” that we like: things that we see that not only are out of our budgets, but also probably won't fit in with our current housing, lifestyle, etc.
I have a friend who whilst in an antique store or at the flea market picks out pieces of furniture (price no object here), pictures and other items for her imaginary manor.

Recently I attended a great secondhand goods fair and was very pleased with myself at the end of the visit when I had purchased nothing! However I did have my favorites and have collected them virtually, i.e. took pictures, so still have the pleasure if not the actual item.

 This procedure has possibilities!

A lovely large chair


Oil and Vinegar jars

Glass pitcher
a beautiful children's chair

Perfect for my garden, but couldn't find
a price never mind how to transport it!

My favorites, but small and very expensive

No comments:

Post a Comment